Interested in Teaching at 1978 Arts Center?
1978 runs a series of classes for adults and children in the fall and spring. If you would like to submit a class proposal, please include up to 6 slides of your work (In some cases photos will do, In others a portfolio may be presented) and a brief resume. Slides (or photos) and the resume information may be used to promote your class.
The proposal should include:
• Name of the class with a brief description
• Minimum and maximum number of students
• Ideal days and hours
• Salary requirements (a payment to the center of $25 per session for facility use Is requested)
• Contact Information for students-phone number or e-mail
• Materials are generally provided by the teacher and can be stored In the facility until the class series is over. Due to the limited storage space, all materials must be removed at the conclusion of the series unless donated to the center. A materials fee should be added to or Included In the course fee.
• Registration for all classes is through the teacher. Teacher contact information will be Included in all PRo Cancellation for Insufficient registration should be decided upon one week prior to the start of classes. Please notify the center (973-763-6052) if your class is in danger of being canceled.
• The teacher assumes the responsibility for returning the facility to a clean condition at the end of each class. There Is no cleaning staff so this is imperative.
• It Is essential the teacher lock the facility (front and rear doors), reset the alarm and adjust the lights and thermostat on departure. A key will be provided for the duration of the class sessions and must be returned at the conclusion.
• We would like to include the slides of your work in our slide registry for consideration In future group shows. If you prefer to receive your slides back, Include a SASE.